The Waukee Area Arts Council and Stivers Ford Lincoln are pleased to present the Waukee Arts Festival on Friday, July 13th and Saturday, July 14th in Centennial Park.
- Free Friday night concert by The Nadas
- Live music all day Saturday
- 90+ regional artists and exhibitors
- Student Artist exhibit, sponsored by Waukee Rotary Club
- Craft beer from Barn Town Brewing
- Unique beer garden by Rolling Taps Beer Coe
- Food truck vendors Friday and Saturday
- Kids entertainment and activities Saturday
Admission is free to the public.
The festival will open with a free Friday night concert featuring The Nadas, from 7pm to 9pm.
"The Nadas are a band from Iowa. Yes, they have been around long enough that if they were a car you would keep them covered in your garage except for sunny weekend cruising. But that isn't what is important about their story. What is important is that they make music that makes you feel things. Happy, sad, nostalgic, optimistic, energized, curious, inspired, and confused. The important part is that it makes you want to listen, and sometimes dance. 2018 will mark the 25th year of The Nadas. In January, they will be releasing their 11th studio record entitled "One Louder". At a stage where most bands would be resting on their laurels and letting others do the heavy lifting, The Nadas are out there swinging for the fences, driving the van and carrying their own instruments."
Saturday artist exhibitions will be open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.